Monday 12 May 2008

Bus Hell

Assuming, of course, that you can get onto a bus in the first place, have you ever had one of those awful, cringey moments that make you want to just curl up and die? I did this morning. I was trying to get on one of the buses which stops near where I live, to go to work. This bus was unusually small, there were a lot of people on it, and luggage too. It took, I swear, about 5 minutes for me to get into the designated wheelchair users' space because of all the aforementioned "obstacles". I do try not to run people over, particularly if someone is a fellow disabled person, but it really wasn't easy. Everyone was very nice, and, of course, smiled benignly at me in the way reserved for us crips, (OK, maybe that's a bit unfair) but I was stressed, and in my current fragile mental state I really didn't need the hassle. I hate making a spectacle of myself, and I hate making people wait. Then, of course, you're facing the entire busload of people, because it's safer for wheelchair users to travel that way, apparently. I hope the return journey is a lot easier. I guess I can look on the bright side; I didn't have to pay for my painful experience.
Search the web and raise money for your favourite charity with Everyclick.com
Everyclick is a great new search engine. It works just like other major search engines but it also generates cash for the charity of your choice. Everyclick has already raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for a wide range of charities.
Help me change the world one search at a time.
http://www.everyclick.com/helenbryant